Replacing a keypad door handle is not as difficult as it may seem, but it can be time-consuming if you are unfamiliar with the process. In addition, you must take your time to avoid any damage to the door or lock.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First, make sure that the new lock will fit properly in the hole where the old one was installed. You should also check if any separate parts need to be replaced, such as the latch.
- Next, unscrew any screws that are holding the hardware in place. This may include the screws that hold the deadbolt in place, as well as any other screws that are located on the door itself.
- Once all of the screws have been removed, pull out the old lock and make sure you do not damage the door with it. You should also place rags over any surfaces that could be scratched up during this process.
- Next, remove any remaining parts from the door, such as levers and keyholes. These can usually be unscrewed or detached using screwdrivers or wrenches.
- Finally, install your new lock in reverse order by putting back everything together carefully, one piece at a time. Make sure you do not lose any screws or bolts along the way.
If you take your time during this process, replacing the lock will be relatively easy. However, if you are not familiar with how to do this type of work on your own, it is best to hire a professional locksmith who can help you complete the job correctly and safely. By following these steps, you should have no issues replacing the keypad door handle in your home!
Comments are closed.