Whether they are your 80-year-old parents or your family member who recently had an injury or surgery, in both cases, they need assistance at home 24 hours. Not because you’re busy in office, but also because managing a patient with household chores and outside deeds all together can be difficult. Elderly people with time, get
Whether they are your 80-year-old parents or your family member who recently had an injury or surgery, in both cases, they need assistance at home 24 hours. Not because you’re busy in office, but also because managing a patient with household chores and outside deeds all together can be difficult. Elderly people with time, get very emotional on small matters. Since they now realize that they’re dependant on those who were dependant on them at one point of time.
Handling senior citizens at a crucial time is very difficult, especially when you work out of town. Managing both professional and personal world can get sometimes difficult. Moreover, old age means routine health checkup and medical emergencies, which you cannot miss. Thus, you need someone who can manage in your behalf all their works and make your task a little easy.
Shifting your elderly loved ones to assistance centre is quite easy. However, you are simply hurting their emotions as they would feel that you aren’t able to manage them and feel them to be a burden. It is therefore wise to seek help from in home senior care that provides assistance at home at your doorstep. They aren’t those who simply manage activities of your elders, but they will also manage your household chores like laundry, washing utensils, cleaning, buying groceries, routine checkup etc.
Here are few things in detail that can make you understand their task better –
- Home care services should provide experts who have all skills you need. For example, if any of your elderly one is deaf or dumb, the nurse should know the sign language.
- Same care worker will be provided to you daily, so that you get accustomed with them and their regularity will make them accustomed with your requirements, otherwise if the agency sends a new nurse every day, then you will have to spend time on daily basis to explain them their work which can be frustrating.
- If your regular assistant is absent due to any reason, agency will have to send substitute on that instant. However, you should be informed in advance to avoid any confusion last minute.
- The assistant should inform your care register with all deeds done on a specific day that should include any visit made by physician, therapists, changes in medication and medication taken at what time.
- The agency should provide a list of work that will be commenced by the assistant. In case something is missing, you can add into it which may include any special need due to disability or health problem.
It is wise to observe your assistant for few weeks before leaving your elderly under their supervision. Few weeks of trial will surely give you an idea on how will they manage their task.